[mythtv-users] OT: ic7-g ide DMA w/DVD-ROM?

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Sat Apr 8 03:36:52 UTC 2006

On Friday 07 April 2006 6:47 pm, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> > I am running FC4 on IC7-G and DMA seems to work with two different DVD
> > drives. But I don't use the drives a whole lot, so who knows what's
> > broken...

Figured it out and got it working. I was using onboard non-RAID SATA, which
apparently is shared with the onboard PATA controller chipset. So it was
operating in mixed mode, and that's why I couldn't change the DMA mode.

Moving the SATA disks to the onboard RAID controller's SATA ports allowed
the onboard PATA controller to run in native IDE mode and now I can set
my DMA.

Sorry to bother the list. Thanks!

--
Jesse Guardiani