[mythtv-users] Recordings off by one hour

Robin Smith 1canuck2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 23:49:54 UTC 2006

>  On Apr 6, 2006, at 1:12 AM, Kichigai Mentat wrote:
>
>  On Apr 6, 2006, at 00.36, Robin Smith wrote:
>

> On 4/6/06, Robin Smith <1canuck2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Since the DST switch, my guide/recordings are off by one hour. I am
> > running Gentoo 2.6.15. I can find vague teases of how to fix it on
> > google results, but the pages don't work!
> >
> > Some background:
> > System clock is set to UTC
> > Localtime is set to Canada/Eastern (I also tried EST5EDT)
> > Date returns the correct time followed by EDT, which is what I would
> > expect.
> > Basically, every other aspect of my system appears to be correct, but
> > myth's guide is wrong by one hour.
> >
> > Any clues?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> UPDATE: Its off by four hours, so its not a DST thing but a GMT/UTC thing.
> Guide data is coming from DataDirect/Zap2It.
>

> I had a problem just like that when I first started. Fix your clock *first
> *. Make sure the correct time zone is selected, and your clock is correct.
> Then, start up MythTV-Setup. Delete your listing information, reload the
> information, then run MythFillDatabase. That *should* fix your problem. If
> not, it's beyond me.
>

>  Make sure your "system clock uses UTC" (or whatever it's called on your
> system) is correct for whatever you are running, then set your timezone.
> Normally you want to run your HW clock on UTC (GMT) unless you dual boot
> with windows, but if you have this set to "UTC=yes" and your HW clock set to
> local time you will get strange results.
>

> Also, when you do get your timezones set up correctly, run
> "mythfilldatabase --refresh-all" ( I think that's the correct option). Just
> re-running MRFD by itself will not replace your existing data, it will just
> add what you don't already have in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks for the input, it was the *mythfilldatabase --refresh-all* that fixed
it.

Everything time related was setup correctly, its just that I finalized the
NTP changes (and switched my system from local to UTC) *after *my first
mythfilldatabase, hence things were off.
Almost ready to go live on the new mythbox!!