[mythtv-users] Recordings off by one hour

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Apr 6 07:38:13 UTC 2006

On Apr 6, 2006, at 1:12 AM, Kichigai Mentat wrote:

> On Apr 6, 2006, at 00.36, Robin Smith wrote:
>

>> On 4/6/06, Robin Smith <1canuck2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Since the DST switch, my guide/recordings are off by one hour. I
>> am running Gentoo 2.6.15. I can find vague teases of how to fix it
>> on google results, but the pages don't work!
>>
>> Some background:
>> System clock is set to UTC
>> Localtime is set to Canada/Eastern (I also tried EST5EDT)
>> Date returns the correct time followed by EDT, which is what I
>> would expect.
>> Basically, every other aspect of my system appears to be correct,
>> but myth's guide is wrong by one hour.
>>
>> Any clues?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> UPDATE: Its off by four hours, so its not a DST thing but a GMT/
>> UTC thing. Guide data is coming from DataDirect/Zap2It.
>
> I had a problem just like that when I first started. Fix your clock
> first. Make sure the correct time zone is selected, and your clock
> is correct. Then, start up MythTV-Setup. Delete your listing
> information, reload the information, then run MythFillDatabase.
> That should fix your problem. If not, it's beyond me.

Make sure your "system clock uses UTC" (or whatever it's called on
your system) is correct for whatever you are running, then set your
timezone. Normally you want to run your HW clock on UTC (GMT) unless
you dual boot with windows, but if you have this set to "UTC=yes" and
your HW clock set to local time you will get strange results.

Also, when you do get your timezones set up correctly, run
"mythfilldatabase --refresh-all" ( I think that's the correct
option). Just re-running MRFD by itself will not replace your
existing data, it will just add what you don't already have in the
next 2 weeks.