[mythtv-users] Channel Change not working

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Apr 6 03:26:08 UTC 2006

I upgraded my video card from using my PVR-350's TV-out to a GeForce
FX 5200 and now my channel change script reports a communication
error. I've been using a serial cable between my Myth box and my
cable box without a problem until I made this change. I pulled out my
ATI Radeon 7000 AGP card (that I wasn't using at all) and added the
FX 5200 PCI card.

Am I missing something that would change on boot because of this
change that would cause me to lose communications on my serial port?
IRQ conflict? A coincidence?

/var/log/messages says that ttyS0 and ttyS1 are IRQ 4 and 3,
respectively.
/proc/interrupts doesn't list the serial ports at all. Not sure if
it's supposed to, but it shows my nvidia card on IRQ 11.

I tried rebooting, cycling the cable box. I tried switching serial
ports and using channel -p /dev/ttyS1. Both S0 and S1 give me:
[mythtv at mythtv ~]$ channel -v 58
Attempting to initialize DCT
No response to packet
No response to init_1; trying to continue
No response to packet
No response to initialize_2
Initialization failed
[...]
Communication failed after 5 tries