[mythtv-users] new recordings missing basename field in recorded table

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Apr 6 01:08:53 UTC 2006

On 04/05/2006 08:19 PM, Leo Kliger wrote:

>On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 22:28 +1000, Leo Kliger wrote:
>

>>All new recordings are missing the basename entry in the recorded table,
>>
>This according to the wiki means that I am running a 0.19 schema on an
>0.18 backend.... how did this come about?
>
>The only thing that I can think of is that when I setup my second
>frontend yum downloaded version 0.19. When it couldn't connect I
>downgraded it to version 0.18 and everything was seemed fine. Except
>that I increasingly couldn't use nuvexport on new recordings.
>
>Could this have caused my my problem?

I'll ignore the "Could this have?" question as its answer is apparent
from the answer to the question you're really trying to ask:  "Did
this?"  The answer to that question is, "Yes!"  :)

>If so, why? Why does a later frontend prompt a mysql schema upgrade?

Because a 0.19 frontend needs a 0.19 database.  A 0.19 backend needs a
0.19 database.  Do you need more examples to see the pattern?  ;)

>Does anyone know how I can fix this?

How long ago did you upgrade and downgrade?  Just restore the backup (I
know you made a backup, right?) and import the new shows with
myth.rebuilddatabase.pl...

Mike