[mythtv-users] new recordings missing basename field in recorded table

Leo Kliger lkliger at bigpond.net.au
Thu Apr 6 00:19:11 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 22:28 +1000, Leo Kliger wrote:
> It's like this.
>
> All new recordings are missing the basename entry in the recorded table,
> this came to my attention because nuvexport was exiting when trying to
> select episodes to encode with (BTW nuvexport used to work 100%):-
>
> 'x' outside of string in unpack at /usr/local/bin/mythtv/nuvinfo.pm line
> 49, <STDIN> line 2.
>
> This seems to have only been the case in the last few weeks. I'm not
> quite sure how long because I read the following thread:-
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/157061?search_string=basename%20missing;#157061On
>
> and ran:-
>
> UPDATE recorded SET basename =
> CONCAT(chanid, '_', DATE_FORMAT(starttime,
> '%Y%m%d%H%i00'), '_',
> DATE_FORMAT(endtime, '%Y%m%d%H%i00'), '.nuv');
>
> The above populated the basename field in the table.... but as discussed
> in the thread subsequent recordings have the same problem:(....
>
> The thing is I never upgraded anything - so I suspect that my problem is
> different to the thread. Though the system went through a depressingly
> unstable period due to hard drive problems....
>
> The mythbackend is running on Ubuntu Breezy Badger:-
> libmyth-0.18.1  0.18.1-5  Common library code for MythTV and add-on  mo
> mythdvd         0.18.1-3  DVD add-on module for MythTV
> mythtv          0.18.1-5  A personal video recorder application (cli en
> mythtv-backend  0.18.1-5  A personal video recorder application (ser ve
> mythtv-common   0.18.1-5  A personal video recorder application (com mo
> mythtv-database 0.18.1-5  A personal video recorder application (dat ab
> mythtv-frontend 0.18.1-5  A personal video recorder application (cli en
> mythweb         0.18.1-3  Web interface add-on module for MythTV
>
> And, the two frontends are running Fedora Core 4;-
> mythtv-0.18.1-117.rhfc4.at
> mythtv-frontend-0.18.1-117.rhfc4.at
> mythtv-themes-0.18.1-117.rhfc4.at
> libmyth-0.18.1-117.rhfc4.at

Replying to my own post:-

I have looking at my problem and I am beginning to understand it a bit
better.

When I run:-
mysql> SELECT data FROM settings WHERE value = 'DBSchemaVer';

I get:-

+------+
| data |
+------+
| 1123 |
+------+

This according to the wiki means that I am running a 0.19 schema on an
0.18 backend.... how did this come about?

The only thing that I can think of is that when I setup my second
frontend yum downloaded version 0.19. When it couldn't connect I
downgraded it to version 0.18 and everything was seemed fine. Except
that I increasingly couldn't use nuvexport on new recordings.

Could this have caused my my problem?

If so, why? Why does a later frontend prompt a mysql schema upgrade?

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Leo