[mythtv-users] power failure - now lirc stopped working

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Apr 5 18:03:26 UTC 2006

Lucien D. wrote:
> This is my reply to the last two mails in this thread since they are
> talking about the same thing.
>

> I may go through the steps again just because I'm running out of
> ideas, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
>
> On 4/4/06, Steve Daniels <steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>>everything has been working brillantly up until last night.  During
>>>the night the power went off in my room while my comp was running.
>>>When I got everything booted back up it appears that lirc has stopped
>>>working.
>>>
>>>I've done all the debugging I can think of, everything seems to be
>>>working as it should.  No error messages in the log, the modules are
>>>all there, the dev files are all there, the daemon is running.  But
>>>when I run irw there is no output.  I checked that batteries (made
>>>that mistake before) and they were fine.  I am running out of ideas,
>>>so any help would be appreciated.

Wild guess. There is a lockfile lurking somewhere....
Second wild guess. You manually set up something from the console, but
which should have been but has not yet been set into a script.

For example, your modprobe.conf does not have alias lirc_i2c as the
first line, or does not contain an alias lirc_dev line.

Or a udev rule which set permissions or group does not exist.

You don't say whether you are doing this as root or 'nemo'.

Geoff

If you set the system to NOT load lirc on boot, can you use mode2?