[mythtv-users] power failure - now lirc stopped working

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Apr 5 10:34:25 UTC 2006

On Apr 5, 2006, at 12:14 AM, Stutty wrote:

> For replacement hardware, I know there are loads of people on this
> list running set ups with multiple PVR250's, so there's bound to be
> someone willing to send you a spare remote + sensor for a small fee.

I for one would be happy to send a remote/receiver, sans the "small
fee".

But my spare Hauppauge receivers are all the type that come with the
new 150s, the ones with the receiver and the blaster.

Does anybody know if you can plug the newer units, with the blasters,
into the older socket for the receiver only.

> Alternatively use this as an excuse to buy that lovely all on 1,
> learning remote + serial port IR receiver you've been yearning after!

Stop that, he needs to get a UPS first.

> But then my money's still on some niggly software gotcha, so neither
> of these ideas may help...

I agree, but *which* niggly bit is what's been driving me (and the OP
I'm sure) crazy.