[mythtv-users] How do I use HD5000 and pvr250 in same system more seemlessly

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue Apr 4 15:15:41 UTC 2006

Matt wrote:
> On 4/3/06, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
>
>>Matt wrote:

>>>Actually, I think you are correct because I believe I'm seeing the
>>>same thing.  My liveTV starts with an HD channel, and if I try to
>>>browse the channels, it'll only show the HD ones.  If I go to the
>>>guide, it lists all the channels, but I can't switch to any of the SD
>>>ones.  Anyone about to make this happen seamlessly?
>>
>>You can switch tuners with the 'Y' key. And now I will have to go home
>>and check, but I do not think that I have had any problems with browsing
>>in LiveTV and scrolling up into the channel range of the 'other' tuner,
>>and getting it launched when selected...
>>
>>I'm using recent SVN. Are you both on .19?
>>Geoff
>

> I'm running SVN from 3 days ago.  When I start LiveTV, I starts on an
> HD card.  I have channel browsing enabled and if I go up or down, the
> only channels that it will browse is the HD ones.  I can see all of
> the channels in the guide, but if I select one, it kicks me back to
> the main menu.

It will seamlessly switch from the EPG. I checked that last night (but
firgot to check while watching LiveTV...Ran out of time before the
backend wanted the HD3000 tuner to record something!).

You might have to use the Y key.

As to setting the priority for tuners, if you enter the HD3000 first, in
mythtv-setup, and a PVR second/third, myth will select the *last* tuner
for LiveTV, which means it would come up on channel 15 or whatever. Myth
  then has digital tuner and an analog tuner (in my case, with PVR500)
available for recording without any conflicts.
Geoff