[mythtv-users] How do I use HD5000 and pvr250 in same system more seemlessly

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 20:53:49 UTC 2006

> It will seamlessly switch from the EPG. I checked that last night (but
> firgot to check while watching LiveTV...Ran out of time before the
> backend wanted the HD3000 tuner to record something!).
>
> You might have to use the Y key.
>
> As to setting the priority for tuners, if you enter the HD3000 first, in
> mythtv-setup, and a PVR second/third, myth will select the *last* tuner
> for LiveTV, which means it would come up on channel 15 or whatever. Myth
>  then has digital tuner and an analog tuner (in my case, with PVR500)
> available for recording without any conflicts.
> Geoff

For me, it doesn't seemlessly change when I either use "browse mode"
or the EPG.  I can only see the SD OR HD channels when I'm either of
the tunners in browse mode.  In the EPG I see all of them, but I can
only tune to whatever I'm currently in (SD-SD or HD-HD).

It seems to me like it wouldn't be intended functionality to manually
switch tuners.  Can anyone else verify this?

Thanks!
Matt