[mythtv-users] moving mythbox onto different network? computer says nooooo...

Christopher Friend christopher_friend at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 4 09:11:24 UTC 2006

>>Did you stop your mythbackend and then run mythtv-setup and set up the IP
>>address/hostname? Do you have matching entries in /etc/hosts? That's what
>>it took for me. I don't use SUSE because it seems any simple configuration
>>requires a gui rather than a simple text file, so I can't help you with
>>that. Also, make sure your firewall isn't blocking the necessary ports. If
>>you're having problems with IM and the like, you have either a NAT setup
>>issue and/or a firewall running that's blocking access.

thanks for the reply. yeah, i did mess about the ip/hostname in mythsetup.
ip is localhost and the one that goes on about access from othermachines is
192.168.0.3, the same as i have for the lan card i was using when it worked,
and that now connects to a win xp machine. it did work for a bit, i think
it's stopped again though.

to make things more complicated, i did try connecting the adsl modem
directly to the machine. fixes all the IM and other connection problems but
not myth. and it does something weird to the dns server ips i put in, but i
ignore that.

all the firewalls on suse/windows are turned off whenever i try anything,
just so they don't complicate matters.

i'll have a look in /etc/hosts and see what it says.

Christopher