[mythtv-users] Start time and end time the same after upgrade.

Geoff B geoffbon at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 13:52:28 UTC 2006

On 4/3/06, Phil Romig <promig at gmail.com> wrote:
> I upgraded to 0.19 (from a functional .18), most everything seems to be
> working with one major excption; nothing is getting recorded.  When I look
> at "upcomming recordings", the schedule looks correct (start and stop times
> are right), however when I go back to watch a show that was recorded I get a
> "can't find file name".  The details of the show always show that the start
> time and the end time are the same ( i.e. show started at 10:00am and ended
> at 10:00am).
>
> The guide is up to date, and the data looks ok, so I'm not sure where to
> start looking.  Any suggestions would be welcome.

I had this exact same problem after installing from 0.19 from scratch.
 I have a Pvr-350 and pvr-150 running FC4.  I'm a relative noob on
Linux, but what I found fixed it was swapping the cards physically in
the box (this moved my PVR-350 to /video16 from /video17), then
removing all cards in the backend setup, and readding them.

I don't know how necesary the physical card swap was, but I felt
better having it fit the defaults that seem to be in Myth :)

Cheers
Geoff