[mythtv-users] Start time and end time the same after upgrade.

Tony Rein trein at one.net
Mon Apr 3 14:36:49 UTC 2006

On Monday April 3, 2006 9:52 am, Geoff B wrote:
> On 4/3/06, Phil Romig <promig at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I upgraded to 0.19 (from a functional .18), most everything
> > seems to be working with one major excption; nothing is
> > getting recorded.  When I look at "upcomming recordings",
> > the schedule looks correct (start and stop times are right),
> > however when I go back to watch a show that was recorded I
> > get a "can't find file name".  The details of the show
> > always show that the start time and the end time are the
> > same ( i.e. show started at 10:00am and ended at 10:00am).
> >
> > The guide is up to date, and the data looks ok, so I'm not
> > sure where to start looking.  Any suggestions would be
> > welcome.
>
> I had this exact same problem after installing from 0.19 from
> scratch. I have a Pvr-350 and pvr-150 running FC4.  I'm a
> relative noob on Linux, but what I found fixed it was swapping
> the cards physically in the box (this moved my PVR-350 to
> /video16 from /video17), then removing all cards in the
> backend setup, and readding them.
>
> I don't know how necesary the physical card swap was, but I
> felt better having it fit the defaults that seem to be in Myth
> :)
>
> Cheers
> Geoff
I also had this problem. If I remember correctly, it was when I
upgraded from 0.17 to 0.18, but I don't know if it would be the
same issue.

If it helps, I saw some log messages pertaining to no tuner
input, or something similar (sorry, I don't remember the
details). I fixed it by rerunning the setup program on the
backend and redoing the capture card section; that is,
redefining the capture cards, their inputs, and the links
between the card inputs and my cable provider.

Good luck,
Tony