[mythtv-users] linksys router and MediaMVP

Charles H. Chapman ccmail at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 23 21:30:28 UTC 2005

> thanks to those who have helped so far.
> My question is that I have a linksys WRT54 wireless router.
> My Backend is wireless, and this media MVP is wired.
> As I see it, the Linksys router will hand out the dhcp info
> and I don't see how I can get the right setting out of the
> linksys router

You have to disable DHCP on the Linksys router and use your Linux box as the
DHCP server for your network, so it will be able to serve up the dongle.bin
file via bootp.  MY problem is that I'm trying to use the Media MVP wireless
by using a Linksys Wireless Game Adapter.  When it works, it works great,
including watching Live TV and recorded things, but if something perturbs
the radio link it causes the network driver in the Media MVP to crash in
various ways (excessive overruns, transmit interrupt timeout, remote PHY
fault, etc.).  I may have to revert back to using the Media MVP wired (but I
was trying to avoid running cables).