[mythtv-users] mythcomflag - how do I set nice level?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 00:58:57 UTC 2005

On 9/23/05, Mark Cooke <mpc at jts.homeip.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 15:55 -0500, Roman Romaniuk wrote:
> > >On 9/23/05, Ryan Steffes <rbsteffes at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > >I think my problem resides somewhere in the NFS system. I also note
> > >looking at the output of ifconfig that both the backend side and the
> > >NFS server are logging thousand up thousand 'collisions'. I need to
> > >fix that next.
>
> This sounds like a half vs full duplex problem.

In the end that's exactly what it was. We apparantly had a small power
drop on Tuesday. I could see in one of my logs that a Pundit-R had
rebooted as it doesn't have a UPS. My switch runs off the same wall
plug. Apparently the switch got into a strange state and would no
longer negotiate Ethernet speeds and had gone all the way down to 10Mb
- Half Duplex. Unfortunately the switch was hidden from sight so I
couldn't see the lights on the front panel.

Once I pulled the power on the switch and essentially rebooted it I
went back to 100BaseTx-Fulle Duplex and now have no problems with Myth
at all.

thanks for the info on your setup. I'll look into whether it would
improve my setup also. I currently do not run async but probably
could.

Cheers,
Mark