[mythtv-users] PVR-350 TV-out problems

P.O. Siggerud trailer at netcom.no
Fri Sep 23 21:37:16 UTC 2005

Hi all! This is my first post here, so maybe I should tell a little bit
about my setup..
I just started using MythTV, and I'm very impressed. Installing it was
pretty straight forward, and after some configuration it's working very
well.

The setup:

I have one Gentoo backend machine placed in a storage room.. it is
headless, but I'm using vnc to remote control som downloads etc. from my
laptop.
As frontend, I'm using a Xbox with the XBMCMythTV script.. everything
but the EPG works fine. For scheduling and watcing recordings, I'm using
my laptop and mythweb/DSMyth.
Versions:
MythTV 0.18.1-r1
Ivtv: 0.2.0_rc3-r5

The plan:

1. To use the PVR-350 tv-out to transmit video via a wireless AV system
to a regular 21" PAL TV in  my bedroom closet. The wireless system also
has a IR transmitter/receiver , so I can (hopefully) use my remote from
there.

2. To install another PVR-card. I can't really decide if I should biy
another PVR350.. or PVR500. Prices on these cards are about the same
here in Norway. anyone with experience?

The Problem:

I'm getting picture on the TV-screen/PVR350 output, butI can't seem to
get XV support working .. so the video is quite choppy and useless so
far..
Is there a solution to this?

Per Olav
Norway