[mythtv-users] HDTV MythTV parts list

Brandon Beattie brandon+myth at linuxis.us
Wed Sep 14 21:45:26 UTC 2005

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 08:25:23PM +0100, Nick wrote:
> On 14/09/05, Brian McEntire <brian.mcentire at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  Video Card: MSI FX5200-TD128LF Geforce FX5200 128MB DDR AGP 4X/8X
> you're watching. I think a 5200-based card would be fine for HDTV -

Just to help spread the word, stay away from the NVidia 6xxx and 7xxx
series video cards -- they do not support XV Video Overlay anymore.
NVidia only supports VMR overlay on the 6xxx and 7xxx (newer) cards
which is to replace XV Video Overlay, but there's no support for it
under XFree or Xorg (And I can't find any information on XFree or Xorg
going to at it yet).  What this means is you'll get tearing when
watching video and performance playback will be far less than perfect.

---Brandon