[mythtv-users] UK DVB-S Channel Setup

A Thomson alunt2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 10:52:04 UTC 2005

Allan Stirling wrote:

> David Watkins wrote:
>
>>> I have my DVB-S card running fine with Gentoo on the Astra 28 Degrees
>>> (UK Sky Sat) and have scanned in the channels fine. I only want the
>>> free
>>> channels.
>>> I can watch for example CNN which shows as channel 7140.
>>> I have ran mythfilldatabase but the EPG does not line up.
>>

>> If you're getting your EPG via the dvb stream then I don't think you
>> need to run mythfilldatabase.  The guide information should just
>> arrive - eventually.
>>

> There is only now & next information on 28.2. This isn't currently
> used at all by Myth.
>
> Also, I'm sure you're already aware that you won't be able to get any
> of the 'normal' terrestrial channels apart from BBC services, since
> the rest are FTV (Not FTA). The workaround for this is a
> fully-featured DVB card, a Dragon CAM and a freeview card from Sky.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Allan.

I would be happy to get the BBC Channels with the now and next
information for just now.

Speaking of the Dragon Cam,I have one setup in my Samsung DSR9500
receiver with a full Sky card and it works fine.
If i could get a Sat card for my myth box that the cam would plug into i
would be even happier.
Even better would be a card with two tuners that could share the cam -
same as the Sky Plus box.

Which sat card would you recommend for a Dragon Cam?