[mythtv-users] UK DVB-S Channel Setup

Allan Stirling Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org
Thu Sep 1 10:32:27 UTC 2005

David Watkins wrote:
>>I have my DVB-S card running fine with Gentoo on the Astra 28 Degrees
>>(UK Sky Sat) and have scanned in the channels fine. I only want the free
>>channels.
>>I can watch for example CNN which shows as channel 7140.
>>I have ran mythfilldatabase but the EPG does not line up.
>

> If you're getting your EPG via the dvb stream then I don't think you
> need to run mythfilldatabase.  The guide information should just
> arrive - eventually.

There is only now & next information on 28.2. This isn't currently used
at all by Myth.

Also, I'm sure you're already aware that you won't be able to get any of
the 'normal' terrestrial channels apart from BBC services, since the
rest are FTV (Not FTA). The workaround for this is a fully-featured DVB
card, a Dragon CAM and a freeview card from Sky.

Cheers,

Allan.