[mythtv-users] program guide font size

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Oct 25 14:59:47 EDT 2005

Peter Darley wrote:

>     I have a question about this:
>     My video card will only go up to 1280x1024 on tv out, but I'm
> displaying it on a 16:9 aspect tv.  Right now I have DispaySize=400
> 225, which tells xine etc that the screen isn't really 4:3.
>
>     Would it work to set it to 462 260, being that 260 = 1024*2.54,
> and 462 = 260*(16/9)?  I got this because the 1024 px height is the
> 'real' hight of the display, and then the width is relative to that.

Does your 16:9 TV have any inputs besides the S-Video/Composite/SCART
connection you're using?  You would be much better off using a proper
16:9 ratio in X and using 100 DPI on both axes.

If you use anything besides 100 DPI square pixels (i.e. 100 DPI in both
the horizontal and vertical planes), some of your graphic elements are
likely to be misaligned.  (See my other post in the thread.)  I.e. the
approach you're using will give you a calculated DPI of 70x100.  That
will result in proper vertical alignment of text/graphics (which is
probably more important than horizontal alignment--because of arrows
next to selected items, etc.) but will result in horizontal alignment
problems.

Mike