[mythtv-users] Re: Xbox as FE

greg at nodecam.com greg at nodecam.com
Wed Oct 19 14:46:51 UTC 2005

Vladan Bato wrote:
> Robert Anderson wrote:
>>
>> I have created a torrent to distribute my entire xebian installation
>> with mythtv frontend installed.
>>
>> http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3397792
>>

> Hi, I have downloaded but I have a question.
>
>>>*Snip*<<<
>
> So the question is: have you tested the Xbox DVD remote with it?
>
> This is also a plea to everybody: Does anyone know how to make lirc work
> on xebian 1.1.4?
>
> --
> Vladan Bato
> vbato at ieee.org

I can also confirm that the remote works fine.

In addition to the changes that I previously mentioned that I made, I had
to create a mount point for my recordings/media at /mnt/store and change
my /etc/fstab to mount /mnt/store from my backend.  I could have left it
mounted at /mythtv, but then I'd have to reconfigure my frontend settings.

I also plan on disabling the Lirc mouse and DPMS, but that's just me.
Overall, I had the frontend installed and humming along in less than a
half hour.  Not that I've really gained anything over my previous install
except to be running Xebian 1.14 instead of 1.12 :)

Thanks Rob!

Greg