[mythtv-users] Re: Xbox as FE

Vladan Bato vbato at ieee.org
Wed Oct 26 15:44:12 UTC 2005

Vladan Bato wrote:
> I'll send you the files as soon as I get back to my Xbox (probably
> wednesday).

Here are the files I promised: the xir and xpad drivers recompiled for
Xebian 1.1.4 (kernel 2.4.31-xbox).

For those who missed the previous posts: these drivers allow you to use
some cheap aftermarket xbox remotes that are not recognized by the
original xir driver. On the other hand, you'll loose the support for
some cheap aftermarket gamepads.

To use them, just replace the original drivers in
/lib/modules/2.4.31-xbox/kernel/drivers/usb/
(make a backup first).

If you'd rather like to compile your own kernel, I also attached a patch
against the 2.4.31-xbox kernel sources.

Cheers,

--
Vladan Bato