[mythtv-users] Re: Xbox as FE

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Wed Oct 19 15:09:07 UTC 2005

greg at nodecam.com wrote:

>I can also confirm that the remote works fine.
>
>In addition to the changes that I previously mentioned that I made, I had
>to create a mount point for my recordings/media at /mnt/store and change
>my /etc/fstab to mount /mnt/store from my backend.  I could have left it
>mounted at /mythtv, but then I'd have to reconfigure my frontend settings.
>
>I also plan on disabling the Lirc mouse and DPMS, but that's just me.
>Overall, I had the frontend installed and humming along in less than a
>half hour.  Not that I've really gained anything over my previous install
>except to be running Xebian 1.14 instead of 1.12 :)

How can I make the xebian disk area larger? Also, have you compiled from
SVN on the Xbox? I've been trying, but not having much luck. My backends
are both current SVN, so I can only watch videos from the Xbox.
Although...I could link the recordings into the video directory...which
leads me to my next question, I  tried changing the Video settings on
the xbox frontend, but I can't get them to stick. I make the changes, I
think I save them, but they don't change. Plus, I can't see the bottom
of the screen (bad overscan) so I can't see if I'm on the 'Next' button
or 'Back' button...I also don't have sound working yet either but I
think I know how to fix that.

Thanks
Tom