[mythtv-users] Pls help: problems with STlab USB->Eth converter

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Oct 16 17:45:18 EDT 2005

Warpme wrote:

> I'm very happy user of KnoppMyth R5A16.
>
> I want to use host running Myth 24/7 also as Internet gateway.

I highly recommend you use a $10 "hardware" router, instead.  While I
don't distrust Myth itself, the more programs and the more-complex the
programs you run on a gateway/firewall/router, the more likely you are
to get pwned.  So, really Myth should not be running on that system.

If you really want to run it on your Myth box, you'll probably get
better info from the Knoppix fora/mailing lists since it's not really
related to Myth.

Mike