[mythtv-users] FC4, Unichrome, and TV Out

gary huntress ghuntress at comcast.net
Sat Oct 15 16:54:10 EDT 2005

I've just built a shuttle system as a dedicated mythfrontend.
Everything has gone very smoothly so far and (I think) I'm on the very
last step and that is to enable the onboard SVideo tvout.

This is an FC4 system and right now I can play back vids from my backend
with no problems at all.  I used the FC3 RPMS from
http://www.kingcot.eclipse.co.uk/unichrome/fc3/  including the via-drv
rpm that indicates it's to enable tvout.   I'm pretty sure these are all
installed and in use because prior to installing them I had very jerky
video.   I've tried to use the sample xorg.conf and sanely edit it for
NTSC rather than PAL but to be quite honest I don't know what I'm doing.

Originally I expected that there would be a BIOS setting to turn on
SVideo out, but there appears to be no such thing.   Also I've tried
using system-config-display to set it for dual head but when I press
"OK" after making my changes I get no error and the screen does not
dismiss.

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding enabling TVOut on a shuttle
(S3/Unichrome) mobo in Fedora 4?

Much appreciated!

Gary H.