[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv-suite-0.18.1-55.at on x86_64 - mythfrontend SEGV

Alan Hagge ahagge at wbfa.com
Wed Oct 5 17:19:44 UTC 2005

Alan Hagge wrote:

> FYI, I'm having almost the same problem (using FC4 rpms on x86_64
> architecture).  Mine works if mythphone is installed (though I don't
> use it), but mythgallery & mythmusic cause mythfrontend to die with
> either a segfault or Bus error.
>
> Is there a straightforward way to rebuild myth from the source RPM in
> order to send a backtrace?  Right now I'm also having problems
> building from CVS due to library location issues (Myth CVS is looking
> in /usr/lib/... while on FC4 x86_64 the libs are in /usr/lib64/...).
> If there's an easy fix for that, I can try building the CVS version to
> see if anything's changed...

As a followup to my own posting (sorry), last night I managed to build
myth SVN version 7389 after using the perl lines in Axel's RPM specfile
to change /usr/lib to /usr/lib64 everywhere (thanks Axel!), and that
version is working OK with mythmusic & mythgallery (including OpenGL
transitions).

I _tried_ to rebuild the mythtv-0.18.1-114.rhfc4.at.src.rpm file, with
"--with debug", but the compilation died during the rebuild (sorry, I'm
at work now and don't have the exact error messages).

Axel, could you possibly set up a debug build for x86_64?  I'd be glad
to run it and send you the backtrace if you could make it available...

Alan