[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv-suite-0.18.1-55.at on x86_64 - mythfrontend SEGV

Alan Hagge ahagge at wbfa.com
Mon Oct 3 22:37:52 UTC 2005

Axel Thimm wrote:

>On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 06:43:24PM +0100, Jules Gosnell wrote:
>

>>just updated my x86_64 frontend from atrpms...
>>
>>rather than just install the frontend packages, I found that the
>>dependency tree for mythtv-suite was complete, so installed that -
>>result is a SEGV on mythfrontend startup...
>>

>>here is the tail of an strace :
>>

>Could you rebuild myth and send a backtrace?
>

>>If I remove mythphone, mythgallery and mythmusic the frontend starts as
>>normal.

FYI, I'm having almost the same problem (using FC4 rpms on x86_64
architecture).  Mine works if mythphone is installed (though I don't use
it), but mythgallery & mythmusic cause mythfrontend to die with either a
segfault or Bus error.

Is there a straightforward way to rebuild myth from the source RPM in
order to send a backtrace?  Right now I'm also having problems building
from CVS due to library location issues (Myth CVS is looking in
/usr/lib/... while on FC4 x86_64 the libs are in /usr/lib64/...).  If
there's an easy fix for that, I can try building the CVS version to see
if anything's changed...

Alan