[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv-suite-0.18.1-55.at on x86_64 - mythfrontend SEGV

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Oct 6 20:19:35 UTC 2005

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 10:19:44AM -0700, Alan Hagge wrote:
> Alan Hagge wrote:
>
> >FYI, I'm having almost the same problem (using FC4 rpms on x86_64
> >architecture).  Mine works if mythphone is installed (though I don't
> >use it), but mythgallery & mythmusic cause mythfrontend to die with
> >either a segfault or Bus error.
> >
> >Is there a straightforward way to rebuild myth from the source RPM in
> >order to send a backtrace?  Right now I'm also having problems
> >building from CVS due to library location issues (Myth CVS is looking
> >in /usr/lib/... while on FC4 x86_64 the libs are in /usr/lib64/...).
> >If there's an easy fix for that, I can try building the CVS version to
> >see if anything's changed...
>
> As a followup to my own posting (sorry), last night I managed to build
> myth SVN version 7389 after using the perl lines in Axel's RPM specfile
> to change /usr/lib to /usr/lib64 everywhere (thanks Axel!), and that
> version is working OK with mythmusic & mythgallery (including OpenGL
> transitions).
>
> I _tried_ to rebuild the mythtv-0.18.1-114.rhfc4.at.src.rpm file, with
> "--with debug", but the compilation died during the rebuild (sorry, I'm
> at work now and don't have the exact error messages).
>
> Axel, could you possibly set up a debug build for x86_64?  I'd be glad
> to run it and send you the backtrace if you could make it available...

Hi Alan,

I'd prefer to go through with you the errors in rebuilding the
src.rpm, as this will benefit you and others rebuilding myth rpms with
debugging enabled. Perhaps Jarod will add it to the HOWTO in some
troubleshooting section.

Would that make a sensible plan? Contact me in PM if you think the
details are too verbose and oof-topic.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net