[mythtv-users] OT:? GeForce MX4000 and TV Out oddness

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 14:13:04 EST 2005

On Tuesday 29 November 2005 12:03, SpEnT wrote:
> Out of curiosity, I'm assuming NVTV wouldn't work with this kind of
> set up? (DVI-HDMI). I was looking but it doesn't show an option for
> anything other than standard TV formats (NTSC, PAL). This could
> possibly make life a lot easier if it would work but before I just go
> running things I figured I'd check with people here to see if they've
> used it. Basically I'm not really using a TV-Out but if it can control
> aspects of any active connection, maybe this could fix the fugly
> overscan issue *shrug*

NVTV is for the TV modulation chip for TV out.

as for the overscan thing, you will always get overscan with modelines since
the overscan on a TV is larger than what 90% of video cards are capable of
providing for, which is why Myth has the overscan features. The one option
you have is getting the service manual for the TV and adjusting the overscan
to be minimal (which in theory should be done anyway, but can be dangerous
and difficult).

--
Steve