[mythtv-users] NUV here to DVD there

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 16:58:05 EST 2005

> I'm looking for a way to take a show recorded (or live) using my
> PVR350 into a DVD in another state.  My dad, a former CT native, now
> lives in Florida and misses many of the UCONN men/women BB games
> which are shown only locally.
>
> Now, he can record them, then copy the nuv file down with MythWeb and
> watch using VLC on his Mac, but that takes forever to copy and can
> only be seen on his computer.   He'd like to have it sooner and put
> it on a DVD.
>
> I was trying to use nuvexport, then run it through ffmpegX on my mac
> to make a video_ts folder he can burn.  He only has a Mac to work
> with.  That seems like a long way to do it though..  I thought the
> brilliant people on this list can tell me the most efficient way to
> do it.  I was thinking of mythstreamtv...?  The quality can be
> downgraded - that's ok.  All ideas are very much appreciated...

Errrm - you mean like this posted in the last 48 hours -
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/161928?search_string=NUV%20to%20DVD%20scripts%20for%20PVR-xxx%20owners;#161928

It begins: " I have created two potentially useful scripts for PVR-xxx
owners for
extracting MythTV-recorded .nuv files and re-muxing them to
DVD-compliabnt video".

Archives good :)

Regards,
Phill