[mythtv-users] NUV here to DVD there

Todd Houle thoule at wesleyan.edu
Sun Nov 20 14:14:40 EST 2005

   Hi all-
I'm looking for a way to take a show recorded (or live) using my
PVR350 into a DVD in another state.  My dad, a former CT native, now
lives in Florida and misses many of the UCONN men/women BB games
which are shown only locally.

Now, he can record them, then copy the nuv file down with MythWeb and
watch using VLC on his Mac, but that takes forever to copy and can
only be seen on his computer.   He'd like to have it sooner and put
it on a DVD.

I was trying to use nuvexport, then run it through ffmpegX on my mac
to make a video_ts folder he can burn.  He only has a Mac to work
with.  That seems like a long way to do it though..  I thought the
brilliant people on this list can tell me the most efficient way to
do it.  I was thinking of mythstreamtv...?  The quality can be
downgraded - that's ok.  All ideas are very much appreciated...
   Thank You!
       Todd