[mythtv-users] Re: NUV to DVD scripts for PVR-xxx owners

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Sat Nov 19 08:52:58 EST 2005

> Sounds great.  Will it get around the problem I am having with mythtvwebburn
> where the aspect ratio keeps getting altered?  I am hoping it will as you
> won't be doing any conversion and the video from my DVB-T card is 720x576
> 16:9 natively.

 	Most likely... Little is done to the stream except cutting out
frames requested and reinserting missing frames (that get dropped once in
awhile on ivtv captures).  DVB captures can be quite a bit more
complicated than ivtv captures since they can have multiple video/audio
streams, can be TS, etc... My guess it they will take a fair bit of
debugging to work in all cases, but once done should be fine.

> Also, will it be possible to use this code without having to install a
> non-release version of mythtv?

 	Currently, the utility is compiled using avlibs that are part of
the svn.  I'm sure that requirement will remain, but eventually it should
be released as part of the main tree.

 	The author has said that he hopes to keep a standalone
(non-mythtrancode-integrated) version accessable via the command line.

-Cory