[mythtv-users] Re: NUV to DVD scripts for PVR-xxx owners

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Fri Nov 18 22:35:38 EST 2005

Cory Papenfuss wrote:

>>> My future mods will take a MythTV cutlist and pass it to ProjectX for
>>> cutting.
>>>
>> You might want to catch up on the 'MPEG commercial-cut code' thread
>> in the Myth dev list. There is a tool in development to cut
>> commercials already that is pretty close to working. I mean, it does
>> work, but it's not ready for prime time yet.
>>
>     I'll agree here.  There are a few of us actively working to get
> bugs worked out of this code.  Unlike most other scripts and
> utilities, this one (when the bugs are smashed) should allow for
> essentially lossless MPEG2->MPEG2 transcoding from within mythtv.  It
> will fix PTS discrepancies in ivtv captures, do frame-accurate cutting
> (along with reencoding the few frames around a cut if necessary), and
> make it quite easy to burn the resulting (commercialless) stream to DVD.
>
> Stay tuned... I think there's some good news on this front.
>
> -Cory

Sounds great.  Will it get around the problem I am having with
mythtvwebburn where the aspect ratio keeps getting altered?  I am hoping
it will as you won't be doing any conversion and the video from my DVB-T
card is 720x576 16:9 natively.

Also, will it be possible to use this code without having to install a
non-release version of mythtv?