[mythtv-users] Long term stability?

mark fairlane at springcom.com
Tue Nov 8 20:58:34 EST 2005

On Tuesday 08 November 2005 05:33 pm, Robert Denier wrote:
> Does anyone have a backend that runs for a week or more under reasonably
> heavy use?  By run, I mean with no manual intervention or cron jobs
> resetting things/etc.  I still have to occasionally do
> a /etc/init.d/mythbackend restart although I'm not quite sure why...

Mine's been up for several months, with only an occasional frontend crash,
and it's working near 100% most of the time.  Three tuners, small hard drive,
everything gets transcoded and commercial flagged from Mpeg2 to Mpeg4.

> If people do, perhaps a few could give their
>
> 1) PVR hardware
AMD 2500, 512MB, 120G drive, GOOD power supply
> 2) Motherboard chipset
VIA KT400A
> 3) Kernel version
Knoppmyth R5Asomething.  0.18.1 myth build.
> 4) IVTV version.
Fairly old one.
> 5) Firmware version?
Who knows.
> 6) System Memory
512MB ram, good quality.

As with all things computer, give it good clean power, keep it cool, and you
should get rid of lots of bugs...