[mythtv-users] 2 busted issues Myth .18

Justin Kim justinlkim at gmail.com
Tue May 31 17:25:57 UTC 2005

At 10:49 AM -0700 5/26/05, Mark Knecht wrote:
>On 5/26/05, Ed Hills <ed at designersfortheatre.com> wrote:
>>  So I feel i'm getting closer.  At least I know that the hardware works.
>>
>>  What I don't understand is why modprobe.conf fails to load the ivtv and
>>  liric drivers.  Does it do anything at all.  Or How do I force
>>  modprobe.conf to load.
>
>Look carefully at the IVTV messages in dmesg. I expect it's trying to
>load, failing, and telling you why there. My problems have all be
>solved by starting there. (PVR-250 & PVR-150)

	I've been having this problem, too.

	ivtv fails to load and /var/log/messages shows no ivtv
messages.  I can start ivtv manually or add the appropriate commands
to rc.local, but for some reason, ivtv won't start otherwise.

	If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.  Below is my modprobe.conf:

alias eth0 forcedeth
alias eth1 r8169
alias scsi_hostadapter sata_nv
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
options snd-card-0 index=0
install snd-intel8x0 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-intel8x0 &&
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ;
}; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller1 ohci-hcd
alias ieee1394-controller ohci1394

# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv
alias msp3400 msp3400-ivtv

install ohci1394 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ohci1394;
/sbin/modprobe raw1394