[mythtv-users] 2 busted issues Myth .18

Michael J. Lynch mlynch at gcom.com
Thu May 26 17:49:34 UTC 2005

Ed Hills wrote:

> It looks as though my next challenge is getting this socket to bind and
> I truly am clueless on that one.  As far as I can tell, all the security
> is off and the ip is set correctly.

A bind failure results from the port already being in use.  Do
a "netstat -a -n --tcp | grep 6543" and see if you get a hit that
shows "LISTEN".  If so, you've got something running that is
already listening on the port.  There is a command that you can
use to find out what program is using it but I don't recall off
hand what it is.

--
Michael J. Lynch

What if the hokey pokey IS what it's all about -- author unknown