[mythtv-users] 2 busted issues Myth .18

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu May 26 17:49:04 UTC 2005

On 5/26/05, Ed Hills <ed at designersfortheatre.com> wrote:
> So I feel i'm getting closer.  At least I know that the hardware works.
>
> What I don't understand is why modprobe.conf fails to load the ivtv and
> liric drivers.  Does it do anything at all.  Or How do I force
> modprobe.conf to load.

Look carefully at the IVTV messages in dmesg. I expect it's trying to
load, failing, and telling you why there. My problems have all be
solved by starting there. (PVR-250 & PVR-150)

> It looks as though my next challenge is getting this socket to bind and
> I truly am clueless on that one.  As far as I can tell, all the security
> is off and the ip is set correctly.

If the driver's not loaded or mysql is not loaded or mysql is not
accepting connections then possibly this sort of thing could happen.
The solution to this sort of thing is probably distro dependent.

Good luck,
Mark