[mythtv-users] Getting Myth to see 2 inputs as one. Kinda.

Howard Cokl hojoloco at yahoo.com
Thu May 26 21:08:47 UTC 2005

--- Peter Judge <peter at judge.co.za> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've recently changed cable providers, to Comcast
> from RCN. With RCN, I had my STB connected to my
> Myth box via firewire, and I was able to get all my
> subscribed channels via this connection, both SD and
> HD. I also have a PVR-250.
>
> Unfortunately, Comcast has a different philosophy on
> what they provide via firewire. I can get the analog
> channels (< 80) and the HD channels (800 - 900ish)
> via firewire, but the rest of the digital channels
> (mainly the 200s) don't play nicely. Connecting via
> the PVR gets me all channels, but in SD (and with
> letterboxing and/or pillars) for the HD channels.
>
> I'd like to (a) be able to record off all the
> available channels, and (b) record in HD whenever
> possible.  Is there any way to get Myth to NOT
> schedule recordings on both inputs simultaneously? I
> thought of creating 2 lineups, with the firewire
> having a higher priority, but then discarded that
> idea because Myth will (surely?) attempt to record
> on both inputs at the same time if scheduled that
> way.

This is what you need to do.  Create the second lineup
and then while on zap2it modify the lineup so it only
gets the channels you want in HD.  Then edit your
first lineup and remove all of the channels you are
getting in HD.  Myth will then just see the channel
lineup for HD and the channel lineup for SD and you
won't get duplicates because myth is smart enough to
handle that.