[mythtv-users] Getting Myth to see 2 inputs as one. Kinda.

Brad Benson bbenso1 at gmail.com
Thu May 26 23:34:57 UTC 2005

On 5/26/05, Peter Judge <peter at judge.co.za> wrote:

> Unfortunately, Comcast has a different philosophy on what they provide via firewire. I can get the analog channels (< 80) and the HD channels (800 - 900ish) via firewire, but the rest of the digital channels (mainly the 200s) don't play nicely. Connecting via the PVR gets me all channels, but in SD (and with letterboxing and/or pillars) for the HD channels.

I've had Comcast service here for several years and I've never been
able to get my PVR-350 to receive any of the non-analog channels
(>80).  I'm subscribed to digital cable and have an STB connected to
the tv ('cause the GF hasn't fully succumbed to the power of myth
yet).  Of course, the STB gets all available channels.  However, I
also have the cable split and two connections going into a PVR-350 and
one input of a PVR-500.  Neither the -350 nor the -500 are able to see
any channels above 80.  All I get on those is static and loud noise.
Did you have to do anything special to allow your PVR card to tune the
channels above 80?  I'm hoping that I'm missing something easy here
because I'd love to be able to record some of those higher channels,
but not enough to hook up an IR blaster.

Thanks,
Brad Benson