[mythtv-users] Bottom-end MythTv Suggestions

Craig Betts mythmail at gmail.com
Thu May 26 00:43:31 UTC 2005

It's true that there's only room for one optical and a single IDE no
SATA (There might be SATA on the more expensive one with the ATI
video).  The noise issue, I think, is that the quiet mode is off by
default in the BIOS settings, and it really howls, but once I turned
on quiet mode, I can't hear it at all.  It didn't take a dremel to get
in my PVR 150, but some forcing was required, and I think I can forget
about putting a second tuner in it.  I can't complain about the video
quality, but I've been using VGA out so far while waiting to get back
the TV I left behind with my girlfriend when I moved.