[mythtv-users] OS X -Mac Mythfrontend can't find backend, won't give me the setup screen

Kent Ypma kentypma at gmail.com
Wed May 25 23:47:54 UTC 2005

Okay - I'm  new to OS X, so bear with me.  The prebuilt mythfrontend
was working well for me until I made the mistake of changing IP
addresses for the backend server.  Now when I click on the icon it
just hangs.  When I run the app from a command line I get an error
that it can't find the database - but it's looking at the wrong IP
Address.  So, I reinstalled, tried different versions, nothing got me
back to the setup screen.  After searching the archives I created a
new user and after logging in and clicking on the mythtv icon, I got
the setup screen and was able to give it the proper ip address for the
backend and everything works beautifully.  Unfortunately, my initial
user account isn't fixed.
So here is my best guess:
The ip information is being kept in some user dependent file outside
of the mythtv package and if I could find that file I could just
manually give it the right IP Address.  Can anyone give me a kick in
the right direction on this?

TIA,
Kent