[mythtv-users] Bottom-end MythTv Suggestions

Obie Fayth bibendum59 at gmail.com
Wed May 25 23:20:11 UTC 2005

Bob Cottingham wrote:

> ...I bought an MSI K7N2GM2-LSR motherboard from
> newegg for $63 with shipping. This motherboard is an nforce2 with onboard
> sound and video and both svideo and rca out.  It also has SATA...
> ...I would suggest a Athlon XP-M 2400+ or 2500+ mobile processor for about
> $80-$90 for low heat and reasonable cost...

I have also used this motherboard for a remote frontend I built
recently and completely agree with the recommendation. I just wanted
to mention though that it did not like the Athlon XP-M 2000 that I
tried to use and I eventually had to give up and swap processors with
the backend machine. It now works very well.

-Obie