[mythtv-users] Strange scheduling problem

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu May 26 00:25:05 UTC 2005

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Shaun Bryant wrote:
>
>> I am running .18 from the deb install, we have 3 direct TV feeds and
>> one cable feed all on PVR-250s in the same dedicated backend. My wife
>> sent me the below as a description of the problem she is having.
>>

>> I just set up a recording schedule for a UPN show. We have DirecTV and
>> cable channels 3 and 20 both UPN.  If I set the program to record "at
>> anytime on this channel" it sets it to record on BOTH channels 3 and 20.
>>
> That's good.  It recognizes that they're the same channel, but with
> different channel numbers on different inputs.
>
>> If I cancel one of the duplicate recordings (for instance channel 3)
>> it cancels the recording on 20 as well.
>>

> Once again because they're the same channel.
>
> So, why is it trying to record both of them?

I think that's jumping to a conclusion. It will only record once
from one of the channels or the other and the Upcoming Recordings
page will show which channel and card it is assigned to. However,
in the EPG and any program listings pages it should be marked as
Will Record for that showing on that station for each channel that
carries that station.

IOW, the show may be assigned to "3 UPN" in the Upcoming Recordings
but the EPG will show that the episode Will Record for each of "3 UPN"
and "20 UPN" or the Search Lists->Channels for "3 UPN" and the list
for "20 UPN", etc.

If the under-lying question is how to make the scheduler perfer 20
over 3 or 3 over 20, way too much information can be found here:

--  bjm