[mythtv-users] DVB board advice

Derek Scollon mailing.lists at scotwebsolutions.com
Mon May 23 19:12:44 UTC 2005

> Hi,

> I am changing my (UK based) setup to DVB, it's a big upgrade of kernel
> (to 2.6), drivers (EPIA / ALSA) Myth (to 18.1), etc etc.

> The DVB board that seems favourite at the moment is the Avermedia DVB-T
> 716. Has anyone got any feedback on quality / ease of configuration?

> It's going into a Hush EPIA-M system, where the Video / audio out is via
> the system board, so all I need is a quality DVB card to get the tv in
> signal.

> Cheers
> Kev

> P.S. I've had a brief trawl of the archive but couldn't find any
> specific information

I'm in the UK and using the DVB-T card from Nebula electronics. Although I had some bother setting it up, due to the new version of the board not having built-in support in the 2.6 kernel, it was mainly my lack of experience with kernel rebuilding which was to blame. Once the kernel was sorted out, the board has been no problem whatsoever. It also comes with a remote control, although I'm still working on getting that up and running.

http://www.nebula-electronics.com/products/products.asp?class=digitv

--
Derek