[mythtv-users] DVB board advice

Craig Read craigread at csi.com
Tue May 24 01:26:24 UTC 2005

Kevin Barsby wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am changing my (UK based) setup to DVB, it's a big upgrade of kernel
>(to 2.6), drivers (EPIA / ALSA) Myth (to 18.1), etc etc.
>
>The DVB board that seems favourite at the moment is the Avermedia DVB-T
>716. Has anyone got any feedback on quality / ease of configuration?

I'm not sure about the Avermedia card, but I'd definitely avoid the
Twinhan cards.  I have two of them back in their boxes after replacing
them with DVico cards.  Even though the DVico FusionHDTV Lite card
supposedly uses the same tuner as the Twinhans, I get 40% more signal
strength from the DVico.