[mythtv-users] Fastest Remote in the west....

Mario Limonciello mario.mailing at gmail.com
Sat May 21 12:53:21 UTC 2005

From reading this description:

  │ This option reduces the latency of the kernel when reacting to          │
  │ real-time or interactive events by allowing a low priority process to   │
  │ be preempted even if it is in kernel mode executing a system call.      │
  │ This allows applications to run more reliably even when the system is   │
  │ under load. On contrary it may also break your drivers and add          │
  │ priority inheritance problems to your system. Don't select it if        │
  │ you rely on a stable system or have slightly obscure hardware.          │
  │ It's also not very well tested on x86-64 currently.

I can see its not completely supported amd64, before rebuilding my
currently stable myth frontend/backend with support for this, has
anyone on list actually tested on amd64 with this enabled?

Mario