[mythtv-users] Closed captioning support

Bryan Lockwood bryan at lockwoods.us
Sat May 21 01:44:50 UTC 2005

Ian,

Thanks for adding to the chart.

I am currently running the 'surprisingly stable' 0.3.4u (unstable) IVTV
release with a PVR250. IvTv seems to be translating NTSC CC data perfectly!
I ascertain this by running /usr/src/ivtv-0.3.4u/utils/vbi in an SSH session
to the backend. I get good text in the SSH session. BUT while that utility
is running, mythfrontend will not show live TV. And no matter which setup
options I've tried there seems no way to get Myth to show the CC data.

So, IvTv support of CC seems to be evolving. I just don't seem to be able to
get Myth to make use of it!

-Bryan