[mythtv-users] cx88_dvb: disagrees about version of symbol cx22702_attach

Rich Goodin rich at goodin.com
Fri May 20 17:46:34 UTC 2005

I don't know if this is the cleanest solution but here is what I did
to get my PVR250 to work with dual pcHDTV 3000s. I'm building from
source, ivtv-0.3.3k, pcHDTV-2.0 but this may not be required with
later kernels. I'd also be interested if someone has a cleaner
solution, particularly for udev on FC3.

After building and installing the drivers I rename the following
duplicate files:
cd /lib/modules/`uname -r`
mv ivtv/msp3400.ko ivtv/msp3400.ko-
mv ivtv/tveeprom.ko ivtv/tveeprom.ko-
mv v4l2/cx88-atsc.ko v4l2/cx88-atsc.ko-
mv v4l2/tuner.ko v4l2/tuner.ko-
depmod -a

Then in my /etc/rc.d/rc.local:
#
# Setup vidio capture drivers
#
modprobe ivtv
modprobe cx88-dvb

This gives me 3 v4l connections:
1) pcHDTV video in /dev/video0 (unused - it has weird color problems)
2) pcHDTV video in /dev/video1 (unused - "  "       "
3) PVR250 video in /dev/video2 (DirectTV reciever Svideo connection)

And the dvb connections for the ATSC pcHDTV cards at:
1) /dev/dvb/adapter0
2) /dev/dvb/adapter1

It has been running reliably since I set it up a few months back.

Hope this helps,
Rich Goodin