[mythtv-users] cx88_dvb: disagrees about version of symbol cx22702_attach

Ted Healey thealey at gmail.com
Fri May 20 17:17:31 UTC 2005

I have been stuck on this for a few wks. Overall my system works
fantastic with a 150, but I can't get my pcHDTV3000 to work.

I think that it means that I have a conflict in one rpm vs another, in
the kernel modules. Or, that they are being modprobed in the wrong
order.  I installed the pchdtv driver (went just fine) and everything
else is FC3 Jarod / Axel.

I am modprobing -r various modules, trying to get this to load
(randomly if I'm honest), but I am in over my head at this point. If
anyone could offer even a URL that offers troubleshooting information
wrt conflicts, load order, between kernel modules that would be
appreciated. I would like to fix it myself but man modprobe and google
are not getting it done.

$ sudo modprobe cx88-dvb
FATAL: Error inserting cx88_dvb
(/lib/modules/2.6.11-1.14_FC3/updates/drivers/media/video/cx88-dvb.ko):
Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
FATAL: Error running install command for cx88_dvb

$ dmesg |tail
cx25840: decoder enable output
cx88_dvb: disagrees about version of symbol cx22702_attach
cx88_dvb: Unknown symbol cx22702_attach

Thanks.