[mythtv-users] OT: RG-6 crimping question

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Fri May 20 06:23:33 UTC 2005

Maverick wrote:
> While you're running wires, run cat5e/6 everywhere too. Very useful
> for all kinds of cool stuff, even phone lines. Get the self crimping
> jacks and you won't need any tools for that. :)

already ahead of ya ... got the wiring closet / server room nearly ready
to go (still need to run the cable, but got everything planned out) ...
ccna, so i'm actually trying to follow cisco specs to a point ... gonna
try and run the electric in tmw ...

> All I can say is, maybe borrow the tool from someone in the trade?

i'll see if i can, unfortunately the only people around here (ks) that
seem to have the tools are cox techs and i try to steer clear of them
(no offense if anyone is, but the techs around here couldn't run cable
to save their lives and it looks like SH%$#@ on the outside of my house!)

-g-